03 January 2010

Resolutions

Tis the season to make resolutions.

So I thought I'd share my resolutions (at least the blog related ones) with you.

1) Blog at least once a week

I know that's nothing compared to the daily blogging I was doing when I started this blog, but at this point, once a week is an achievable goal.

2) Be charitable in what I post

Being charitable towards others has always been a struggle for me. Especially if I disagree with someone. Yet I know that a charitable response is far better than a sarcastic one, no matter how funny it may be.

3) Be more positive in what I post

I was reviewing some of my posts for the last year, and I realized that most of them are negative- highlighting something I disagree with, or demonstrating the culture of death that exists. I know this is important, but depressing news is still depressing. I want the blog to witness to others, but I also want it to highlight the joy that comes from being Catholic. And if I was a non-Catholic reading this blog, I might wonder if the faith is truly life giving, or just bitter.

Those are my resolutions. With God's help, I will succeed.

To all my readers- a belated Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, and God Bless!

1 comment:

Chris Fitzpatrick said...

I came across two interesting posts on new year's resolutions in my blogging...just food for thought =]

love your blog by the way!

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/let_st._augustines_life_inspire_your_new_years_resolution_recommends_youth_minister/

http://asksistermarymartha.blogspot.com/2009/12/unresolved.html